Thursday, July 13, 2017

Colourful Directions


At last I have found time to take some photos of this cot/lap quilt that I finished back in April!



It is a jelly-roll pattern from a library book that I have since returned and, 
as we are about to shift house tomorrow, all my notebooks/sewing books have 
been boxed up and so I can't tell you just what pattern that was! I will edit 
the post once I have unpacked all my gear in my new sewing/spare room at the new place.


I quilted with a large, all-over stipple.


While it is a jelly roll pattern, I actually used yardage that I cut into strips. I wanted nice bright colours and used the green solid as the sashing to tie it all together nice and vibrantly.


The owl fabric is the reason I went with bright colours - I've used the rest of it for the backing along with leftover strips of the bright fabrics.



It measures 52" x 55.5". 
Not sure where it will end up or who will get it but I guess the 
right person will come along at the right time!

Linking up with Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday - hi everyone "kia ora!"

10 comments:

  1. What a fun and pretty quilt! The owls are so cute. Hope you find a home for it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute quilt! I love that owl print. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was pleased to use something from my stash.

      Delete
  3. Love this one! The pattern is very interesting--let me know if you find your notes about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute Jen and I love the Owls you used in the backing, spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, I saw your Colourful Directions on Kelly Young's blog and just have to say I LOVE IT!!! So exuberant and happy!! Whoever gets it will have a treasure! I like that you used yardage for the colorful pieces. I often do that with designs initially specifying precuts just to have fun with the fabrics I already have and love and know will play well together. I'm glad I found you. I'll look forward to seeing your future posts. (janeherbst at roadrunner dot com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have more yardage than precuts so am always looking for ways to use it and precut patterns are always so easy to make. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete