Friday, October 16, 2015

Frozen pillows

No, not the weather - the movie! I created these four pillows a couple of weeks ago using Frozen fabrics and a lilac spot minky from Spotlight...


Two are 18" pillows and two are 20" pillows...




I fussy cut the fabrics so there are plenty of princess pictures to delight any young Frozen fan...



...and quilted each panel with a swirly, loopy snowflake-style design...



Sharing my projects with the quilting world through Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday linky party...and Sarah's Whoop Whoop link-up...as well as Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday linky..."kia ora" everyone!

I was making one for my Frozen-fanatic little cousin Claudia, turning 5, and figured if I was gonna make one, I might as well make four! Here is Claudia having just received her present...

...two sold at market and I have just one more left to sell/gift...



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillows! So fun to work with pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I forgot to say I sold two at a little market day we had last weekend - two very pleased Frozen fans from my school!

      Delete
  2. These look great with all of the different frozen fabrics together! Nice snowflake quilting, have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Judy, I just did a kind of six pointed star in amongst the swirls and then on the fabric with the printed snowflakes I quilted that shape inside those. Was fun!

      Delete
  3. Cute pillows! The quilting is perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nicole! They were a nice quick project!

      Delete
  4. What great pillows! The swirly snowflake quilting is perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - I figured if I was going to make one pillow I might as well make four (I had bought widths of each fabric, so had plenty to use). Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh cute! What a great snuggly pile :)

    ReplyDelete